Code of Conduct + Policies
Below is a list of standing rules regarding safety and conduct. Any participant of War of the Barons is required to accept these terms and conditions upon purchasing a ticket. War of the Barons reserves the right to amend or update these policies at any time. We kindly ask all attendees to respect and adhere to these guidelines to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our policies, please contact our event team for assistance.
No Refund Policy
Ticket Sales: All ticket sales for War of the Barons are final. We regret that we cannot offer refunds under any circumstances, including event cancellations due to unforeseen reasons. We encourage participants to be certain of their availability and commitment before purchasing tickets. Tickets may however be transferred between players. If you intend to do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
War of the Barons is an event designed for mature audiences. All participants must be over the age of 18 to attend. Valid photo identification may be required upon entry to verify age.
Outside Alcohol: For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, outside alcohol is strictly prohibited on the event premises. Any attendees found in possession of outside alcohol may be asked to leave the event without a refund.
On-Site Vendors: We understand the desire to partake in medieval merriment. Rest assured, a curated selection of alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase from our licensed vendors. Please drink responsibly and ensure you are of legal drinking age.
The use, possession, or distribution of illegal drugs or controlled substances is strictly prohibited at War of the Barons. Any attendee found in violation of this policy will be removed from the event immediately and may face legal consequences.
We encourage all attendees to lock valuables in their vehicles whenever possible. Please do not leave any valuables laying out and visible in the camping or play areas unattended. War of the Barons is not liable for any lost or stolen property during the event. Any found property can be given to a staff member who will do their best to locate its owner. If a player has lost an item, please ask a staff member to check if it has been found.
No one shall for any reason make unrequested sexual or physical advances or harassing statements toward any other person in any way for any reason.
War of the Barons has zero tolerance for this behavior and anyone exhibiting this behavior will be expelled from the event and will be escorted off the property without refund. If you are being harassed or see harassment taking place, report this to a staff member for immediate action. War of the Barons has the right to provide a safe place for all participants. War of the Barons reserves the right to dismiss a player for any reason whatsoever.
Other Notes of Safety
Barons shall appoint someone to fire watch and make sure that there are no unattended flames in or around the campsites. Fires should never be left unattended in any area of the event.
When you go camping, you are going into the home of wild animals. Follow these instructions to stay safe around South Carolina wildlife:
- Make sure to keep your campsite clean. Do not leave food, trash, or anything smelly out in the open or in your tents. This may attract wild animals to your campsite.
- If you are camping and do not have a car, food should be hung in a tree out of reach of animals and away from your tent.
- Do not feed or try to pet the wildlife, even if they seem friendly.
- Always stay with a buddy. Do not hike alone or at night.
- Pay attention when you are in wild areas. Look. Listen.
- Stay away from dead animals you find in the wild.
- Stay away from young animals you find in the wild.
- Please lock your cars at all times
- Ensure you know where your keys are
- War of the Barons is NOT responsible for the safety of your personal items: please store valuables in a safe location.
- If you suspect any illegal activity, please alert event staff and the proper authorities if necessary.
- War of the Barons reserves the right to dismiss a player for any reason whatsoever.